Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gifted



We're attending a 60th Birthday Bash tonight for a fairly new friend. Women get more and more interesting as they age, shedding any self consciousness, expectations, roles and duties for a boldness, confidence, and Joie de Vive that truly becomes them. The Birthday Girl is no exception. She's fashionable, curious, interesting and a bit edgy. She just got married last year to a fellow with 3 kids to join up with her 3 in Brady Bunch fashion. A delightful mix. 

I love buying gifts for people whose style I admire and like myself. So this one was easy. I packaged it in a brown paper bag, stamped with her name and a chandelier dripping in glittery jewels. 60 is her time time to sparkle.

What's in the bag you ask? A Swedish clipped hide cuff with a gleaming polished half that looks like it was dipped in silver. I like the juxtaposition. Rather like being 60.




14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! But I always like how your wrapping is like a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so wear that! Lovely. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bracelet!!!
    Even a 53 year old would wear that tee hee
    Have fun ( sounds like you will )
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post . . . love, love, love the gift . . . perfect quip . . .
    Enjoy the party time . . .

    ReplyDelete

  5. Oh she will love that cuff, I am a 60's gal and I would wear it.

    Tell Her Happy Birthday for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent gift!! From someone in her 60's....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bracelet and love your thoughts on being 60.
    (love you too ! )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you...women get better and better. Women friends do too. :)

    The bracelet is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful cuff! But the wrapping is the real knockout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty gift! And that's my kind of packaging - personal with love put into it xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speaking of being 'gifted'......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like everything you had to say and love the gift from the inside out! How fun. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely piece and you always package gifts so nicely. Simple but showing attention. I may joke about aging from time to time, but I like my older self.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania