Saturday, June 2, 2012

Florida Kitchen




























Oh, I'm going to miss the sunlight that streams through the windows of The Florida Kitchen. I'm actually going to miss the entire kitchen when we return home tomorrow to my slightly shabby Ikea kitchen. The previous owners installed a custom built, framed, solid cherry kitchen with blue eyes granite (has specks of blue crystals) and every built-in rack, pull out and do-dad imaginable. It's beautiful and functional and theydkid a great job with the design. I can't take credit for a single thing here. The original lead windows should probably be replaced with hurricane windows, but they are just too pretty to change.

We're making friends here in Florida. We've had two evenings with neighbors and feel totally at home with them. I'm torn between heading home and wanting to stay here for the summer. Today is for last day celebrations with a Vinoy Hotel breakfast, the Saturday Morning Market, an afternoon at Pass a Grille Beach and the evening at The Queen's Head pub to celebrate the Jubilee. Yes, we've found a little pocket of British here in St. Pete.

13 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful and the kitchen is spectacular. I can see why you'd miss it.
    I'd stay a few more days if I were you, it's gotten quite cool and rainy here the past couple of days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy every moment. Love, Barbie the Vinoy Hotel! Love, Barbie the

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous kitchen. Stay for the summer, go on! Why go back unless you really have to? We've got a few days off in the UK for the Jubilee so .. time off to enjoy the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home in Florida sounds lovely, friends neighbors too. I love the kitchen and would have a difficult time replacing the leaded glass windows. Enjoy your day today . . . hopefully you can return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can hear the joy in your "voice". What a wonderful place for you and your family, and that kitchen is too delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty fabulous kitchen! sounds like you're making the most of your time there - I'd be torn about leaving too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love looking at pictures of your Florida house. I wouldn't want to come home either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chania....I was hoping to see more of your Florida home...I am living my dream through you.....about the old windows...couldn't you just put hurrican shutters on (just in case) and keep the old windows? Thanks so much for sharing your Florida home....it is lovely. Do share more when you have time.
    Andrea in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitchen! So nice that you've met some folks there.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a lovely kitchen, and love the clock!!... my husband and I have been researching Florida towns for years trying to decide where we might like to buy a retirement condo. Do you love St. Pete? ... any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Florida kitchen is lovely ... it's always a joy to cook in a kitchen that is well designed and functional. Even better when it is also so beautiful. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a very inviting kitchen. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breath taking and beautiful. I'm torn between white and cherry wood cupboards.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania