Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Patio Lanterns


Lying on the hammock in the garden I can look right up at my patio umbrella which is currently FESTOONED with these great patio lanterns from IKEA. I'm generally not a big box store kinda gal, but I have to admit, both this massive white PARASOL and these solar powered lanterns caught my eye. They are made of nylon so they will last outdoors and they make the garden so pretty during the day and create a lovely soft glow at night. 

Sweet Mamma has made a remarkable recovery and is scheduled to leave hospital tomorrow and Foster Dog is apparently well settled in his new home in Upstate New York. He's probably going to spend weekends in the Hamptons. We're off tomorrow to Florida where we are hosting some of the LONG LOST FAMILY. Next post from the Sunshine State.

13 comments:

  1. That's great news on both fronts. Have a great time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solar candles with the low-tech charm of paper shades: perfect. And that's great about your mother's recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe trip. Good news about Mamma and Foster Dog. (Maybe someone who spend weekends in the Hamptons could adopt me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lanterns . . .
    Great news about your mom . . .
    Grest Foster Dog move, living the life in The Hamptons . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad Sweet Mama is better. May your travels be joyous...
    Ikea has kind of cool stuff sometimes. They often surprise me that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Foster Dog found a family and your mom is well enough to go home. It was the Perfect Weekend I would say. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just getting caught up on your blog posts and a lot has happened. Wow, busy life. I am glad that the operation went well for your maman. Sounds like some stressful times and hospitals are not always "people friendly"...strange as that sounds. Glad to hear that foster dog found a home. We are looking for one right now. Our old boy is starting to show signs of suffering which we cannot accept.
    Enjoy the south.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear about both your mom and Foster dog. The Hamptons? Well, la-di-da! Lucky pooch. I may check out those umbrellas from IKEA, we are in need of some patio shade ourselves here. Enjoy your time in St. Pete, the weather has been beautiful the last two weeks! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those lanterns! Maybe I'll get some for our new yard.
    And I'm so glad to hear about your Mother. That's the best news!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased to hear the good news about your mum, Chania. Also that Foster Boy is settling well. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like that look !
    That is the lantern hanging in my little bitty laundry room. It is a tiny room but the ceilings are 15 feet high so we hung a big white lantern and it is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS ... I am much relieved about Foster .. you know that I am :)

    Ahhh Flarda .. you will be all warm and toasty and surrounded by love. Have fun !

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania