Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Gift Tags
























If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you know how much I love to buy handmade things and love to try my hand at making things myself. I particularly like to add a handmade card or tag to a gift, and so last year I tried my hand at clay gift tags. I used Crayola white clay, cookie cutters and a rubber stamp with ink. Simply roll the clay on a piece of parchment paper, cut shape with cookie cutter, imprint the clay with a rubber stamp. Make a hole for the string or ribbon and let dry. A wonderful project for children for Mother's Day or Easter.

My homemade jam with custom tag for my son's wedding.























Last year, Boy Child got married and I made the wedding favors. Tiny pots of homemade strawberry jam with a handmade clay tag. Over a hundred of each. 

Hundreds of Heart wedding tags.


The bunny is my favorite!
I was inspired yesterday with the beautiful Spring day and once again hauled out the clay and my bunny and robin stamps.I've made enough to cover Easter and Spring time birthdays.

11 comments:

  1. My God, I could probably even do this!
    And Claire would be in hog-heaven with this project.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. She has to make 100 Swaps for GirlScouts. I think I just discovered what she could do!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. I bought the clay the first time you posted about them and I haven't tried them yet. Must do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these . . . Do you mean Crayola Clay like the crayon brand? I am going to take off for a hunt . . . They look so cute, love the bird and bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved these tags when you first showed them and you know you inspired me to make some. After this post I feel the urge again.Thank you girlfriend. <3
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! They add such a personal touch to any gift. You are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chania - ahh these bring back memories. You sent me some, do you remember? I love them! I actually ended up giving mine as gifts to my best friends' children; one each a rabbit and a bird. So pretty. Made me smile to see this post. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tags are beautiful, Chania. A gift in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your clay tags Chanis, you make me want to start making more myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved these Chania. I carefully gave each one of the four you so graciously sent me last year (with your beautiful cards) away to friends. The bunny was my favourite too...especially with that little dab of sparkle!
    I know you have posted a 'how to' on this before...but I would love another...with lots of photos please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I"ve seen those before on your blog and just think they are the cutest. I can't decide which one I like the best - I like them all!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania