Friday, August 26, 2011

Beach Day

We gave the house a break today and headed over to Passe-a-Grill Beach,  It was a perfect beach day on the Gulf side, unlike the awful storm hitting the other side of the peninsula.

This picture above is taken from Johns Pass at Madeira Beach. about 15 mins from our house. We went there to visit our new neighbors who own an action business and suggested we come to a warehouse they are liquidating.  It was full of treasures.  I filled a large box with glasses, plates, salt and peppers and a huge beautiful old seashell. They gave everything to me for $10 to welcome me to the neighborhood.

 The waves were spectacular today and the kite boarders were out in great numbers making some huge air.


My pretty plates and glasses form my neighbors shop..

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.  I hope if you are in the hurricane zone you stay safe.


17 comments:

  1. Lovely treasures and a beautiful day, who could ask for more! I just know you are going to never want to leave your new hometown!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what pretty glasses you scored!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glassware! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos. You take a lovely picture. I love the the of the blurred bird with the waves crashing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a perfectly balanced day to me - love the first photo of the umbrellas~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in a lovely part of the state Chania and it sounds like you have already made some very nice and generous friends. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say oh my goodness? Pass a grill is right where we used to stay tear after year! It was called ocean sands. Can't get over your house being quite that close! Bliss. I miss it so much my heart aches! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The water looks fabulous but how about those blue glasses - they are gorgeous!! What a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Florida (like about 50 million other Brits) but I don't know why. Life is so easy there - maybe that's it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stemware. So funny I have the exact picture of a seagull by waters edge but taken in Cape Cod. Same bird?

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to hear you are able to start enjoying the new locale. The house will come together in time-- pretty sweet so far!

    Have e lovely weekend!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first shot is just so happy! Love your beach pics. Lovely glasses too...nice to be so near a cute shop, hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a gorgeous place to hang out - nice that it's so close to your place. Love the glassware :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The waves are so beautiful. OOOOOOOOOOh you lucky lady. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The beach pictures look wonderful - I love the plates and blue glass too! (Your new neighbours sound nice as well)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you have good neighbors and had a fun day. It is beautiful there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania