|My best pic of 2011...Interior Design Show in Toronto|
I hope everyone had a really nice Christmas and are gearing up for 2012. We had a lovely time in Montreal. I fell asleep on Christmas Eve to the sound of horse hooves clopping along the cobbled streets of old Montreal and woke to snow falling lightly all around. It was magical lying in bed watching it, hoping the Raz man would wake up and go get me a coffee. We stayed at Le Petite Hotel...a quaint and charming little boutique hotel, very well priced in winter and with complimentary fruit, croissants and coffee for breakfast. I just hate going downstairs to get it when my hair is all crazy and I have no make up on. So I wait for him to wake up and get it for me. My son made a cooked breakfast for us alter and we enjoyed a fabulous evening at his In Laws...loads of people and noise and music and fun fun fun....
|IDS Show Toronto...love this photo|
Of course now it's almost done, we need to reflect on 2011......the good, bad and ugly of it. I was very fortunate this year. The highlights of my year were
- We sold our cottage up North and bought a house in Florida for our family and hope to make many happy memories there in 2012....
- We went on a business trip to Vegas and I ditched the business part to meet up with Suzan from the Old Grey Mare blog who took me sight seeing and to buy cowboy boots.
- I took Girl Child to Mexico for reading week. She went back to college to get another diploma and has had 2 great internships this year. 4 months to go until she graduates.
- We went to Florida house hunting.....bought a house...fell through...went back..bought another one.
- Traveled to Montreal for bridal shower
- Traveled to Exuma for the most magical wedding (son's) and week of festive mingling with the new in laws and friends.
- Back to Montreal for the reception
- Hosted my brother and nephew in Florida...tried paddle boarding.
- Met a new friend from the UK
- Met my father's brother for the first time.
- My sister bought a house.
- Christmas in Montreal...the first escape for me in over 30 years.
- Dinner at friends tomorrow.
|So many to choose from in Vegas|
So that's quite a list of fun and travel, but I was most lazy in many other respects. I haven't lost as of today a single pound in 2011....a complete disappointment for me, but hardly surprising since I've been a bit of a sloth. I also made no progress in moving my business ahead in 2011. SO...for 2012, I am planning the following.
- Swimming at the Y...Aquafit and lengths.
- Yoga at the Y.
- Weight loss goal of 12 lbs. Although that is not enough, I think it should be attainable.
- Despite working for an Orthopaedic Surgeon for ages, I'm not keen on them seeing them as a patient. I have a really bad knee and need to see one soon...which will help me lose weight if knee was more stable.
- Paddle boarding both in Florida and Ontario
- Kayaking..easy on knee
- Make an effort to make huge batches of jams, jellies, clay tags, cards etc for November 2012 craft market.
- Start felting again
- Knit something
- Find a book club
- Plan a girls dinner once a month
- Get out more
- Advance my Internet business with new products
- See more live performances
- Make Lemoncello...I was given a homemade bottle by the handsome Italian boyfriend of my sons sister in law....can't wait to make it.
- Make more time for my sister
- Find and shop at a farmers market consistently
- And the number 1 thing........SPEND LESS, SAVE MORE.
I've written down here so I can look back next year and see if I can check them off the list. I gained 3 followers in the past few days....some interesting folk....which was nice as I lost a few the week before..what is it about blogging that make losing a follower cause doubts? I've dropped blogs that I followed for various reasons, then dumped because they weren't my thing, didn't post enough, too many posts on babies or perfect husbands or whatever, or just too many to read.....Face it, a good percentage of those smiling faces are not real followers anyway.... Two blogs I dropped because they were mean and encouraged people to write in and say mean things about fat people or people with bad hair cuts. GONE WITH YOU...I SAY.
So the ones that I do follow are all on my sidebar (I think). I have a great mixed bag of blog reading there so pop over to have a look...Happy New Year to All.
|My Beautiful Ky.|
|My handsome son and his gorgeous bride|
|Florida Dining Room|
|Florida Living room|