Friday, September 3, 2010

Photo Challenge Week # 3 - EGG


Hi Every One.  Sorry for the late timing in getting the Photo Challenge post up.
I had a carton with one left and it was stuck to the carton and I couldn't get it out.
Hence a new carton of eggs.
Eggs can be tricky as they bounce light, they are quite plain and a white egg is even more difficult to photograph well.
I used brown eggs as I love the color of a brown egg. 
I ended up taking 92 photos to get some I liked.  I loved the way they look in the carton all lined up and the shadows created by the box, plus the colors against the grey box.
I thought it photographed well against the print on the box.
You can see all the little beads of sweat that started to form.
And the speckled shell is lovely.
I love the Freckles on this egg.
.....and the varying shades of a dozen.

This Challenge really made me wish I had a duck, or a farm
so I could get pictures on the nest.......

Next Weeks Challenge for September 10th is
Reflection.
Capture a photo that brings another dimension to the picture with the use of
Reflection.


10 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I love the freckled one but the first thing I noticed was the shadows -

    This is a fun series that you've started - I enjoy seeing all the photos ~
    Have a great weekend!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I love brown eggs too, and freckles are the best!

    Thanks for hosting these challenges! This has been fun, and I look forward to next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot work your linky link, Raz. I'm giving up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brown eggs, you think of everything! That is why you are in charge here. Yes? Thanks for the challenge. I also took way too many images and had my hubs help me decide the final one. Eggs are so difficult. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chania - your egg pictures are great. 'Fraid I had a bit of a blip with mine but got there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the look of a brown egg. Makes me feel all homey. Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chania....!

    LOVE you pics as always....I'm afraid I may miss this photo challenge as I'm 'as busy as' but wanted to pop in & wish everyone well & to THANK YOU for continually inspiring us....!!

    I'll pop in & visit with everyone tomorrow to admire the everyone's work....!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Chania
    Love the egg pics... there really is something about eggs that feels cozy!! Like home!!! just need someone to make me an omelette now!!

    I may try to join in.. but having lots of internet issues at present..

    Have a great weekend.. xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos and I love this challenge of yours so will have to join in sometime in the coming weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh - I got my thumbnail up. I was being stoopid the first time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania