Monday, May 3, 2010

Sarah Richardson's Farmhouse-Main Bathroom

Ok, so I am late with my Sarah post, sorry Sarah fans.  Like I said before , the pictures on HGTV are not copy and paste compatible and I have to get B____ to Photoshop them outta there.  He doesn't put this high on his priority list.

SO......here is the main farmhouse bathroom.  $21,000 budget if I remember correctly.  Sarah really wanted blue in here from the get go, and was thinking of using a cobalt blue penny tile, but decided against it.  Her reason was this would commit you to blue forever, and the main colors were best being neutral. I think this makes a lot of sense.  Her tile work is always so intricate, it would cost a fortune to take out a band of blue panny tile. The vanities were vintage dressers remade into sink units.  I like that she re-used some old bits.
This baby was $4000.00.  Like it, don't love it, and don't think it is a real feature in the room.  I am not sure why.  Maybe it should have been right under the window. 
 If I was spending 4K on a tub, I would want to walk in and have it say HELLO to me.  Maybe the layout didn't allow for any other position.?
I found these dressers a bit Ho Hum.....Is it just me or would you have liked these white?......  I love Sarah and Tommy, but this room is not my favourite.Although it was really fun to watch,  They have a great chemistry and clearly have a lot of fun.  In this episode, they are shopping for plaid fabrics and come across a shop in Chinatown selling adult size paper plaid shirts.  Tommy contemplates buying one.  I think they are made to bury people in......not sure, but I have heard that somewhere......better not buy it Tommy!
 Subway tiles, bordered by listowel and more expensive marble and pencil tiles (a good way to save on the more expensive tile)......typical Sarah Richardson use of tile to make a statement.  Her tile guy must need a really detailed work order to get her combos right...
The art is made from sheets of postage stamps, matted and framed a-la-Tommy.  I really do like this farmhouse cabinet.  I think it is the most authentic piece in the room.  Now this says Farmhouse!

This season there are some well placed (maybe" ill-placed") product placements...truthfully I think they SUCK.
I cringe when I hear them do it, and I am sure I see Sarah flinch too......
(Don't take me to task for being honest....remember this blog has to be authentic..)

All photos from http://www.hgtv.ca/

11 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty room. Well, as far as the infomercials go, I'm sure the sponsors want some exposure for all the loot they have put up! I don't get this program on my TV, but I am sure it looked pretty "canned" and awkward.

    Not sure what to think of this farmhouse redo. There are lots of gorgeous elements, but that budget...! I just can't relate that to my humble little abode and my humble little bank account! I'm hoping to redo our bath for $500! That's a pretty limited target audience. Or maybe they are going after the dreamhouse in all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chania, I was just watching this show on Saturday. I would have preferred a vintage clawfoot tub in there, but that's just me. I do love that white cabinet and agree that it suits the room and the house perfectly! And the tile work is beautiful!

    And whenever I hear someone do sponsor plugs I have to chuckle a little because it always reminds me of the movie "The Truman Show"! I understand the need for sponsors to be recognized, but if it's not done in a sincere or appropriate way it just comes off awkwardly and very canned!

    Thanks for the pictures as always!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy don't I wish I had a 21,000. dollar budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chania,
    Thank you for stopping by my place, I think the wreath would look cute hanging in the bathroom with all that calming blues and whites. I adore those dresser drawers sinks I would have them in my place as well. The white cabinet well it is yummy!!

    You always feed our souls with the best inspiring rooms.

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of this particular bathroom design either - I prefered the more grey-ed blue paint colour that they didn't like and I prefered the first fabric choice over the plaid. Also... not crazy about the beige marble. And the vanity cabinets - I very much like the idea, but I think they could have jazzed them up a little with, perhaps, glass knobs. As for the promo stuff - I just roll my eyes and suffer through it... anything for Sarah and Tommy!

    Thanks for dropping by DesignTies and commenting on our yard work - we're definitely looking forward to filling it in with green plants, grasses and flowers!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chania,
    I'm with you on that overpriced tub. It reminds me of something from the Ikea catalogue.

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Chania.... :o) !!

    I LOVE the white farmhouse cabinet & the tile work....The bath is a GREAT shape but just seems awkward in the space....hmmmmmm....??

    Oh the dreaded infomercial....I LOATHE those pesky things....Luckily for me though I ONLY ever catch a glimpse of one if I've fallen asleep on the couch & wake up to Guthie Renke....yarrrrrrr....!!

    Have a great week....!!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a nice room but gee wizz, that's a lot of money for something fairly simple! I like the colours but no the timber so much. Having said that, I'd really like it - my bathroom is a nightmare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shower head, my bathroom is gutted at present and totally being rebuilt. I am looking for a shower head like this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. babe, with you on the tub placement. not workin' for me. I do like the chests, but not the combo of white subway tile AND marble...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, that bathtub looks pretty lovely! I did work with Tommy before,and he's hilarious. Great to work with.
    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania