Sunday, May 9, 2010

New at Razmataz This Week

Having a shop is a bit like being a hoarder without the social stigma.  We can collect hundreds of BITS and pile them up and never get on TV or have an intervention from our families!

This week, we noticed, as we often do with new Finds, a certain color scheme emerging... that 1950's retro green prevailed, with splashes of red.......
There was this great old door which we adorned with a driftwood garland...
Stacks of Green Hotelware and chunky ironstone...
Scrubby iron hooks with Chippy paint and a gorgeous Burliegh bowl...
A cute little scallopy edged night table, vintage Babka dolls, a milking stool....and (this is for you Tamarah) a vintage red toolbox marked #21.
A little painted glass lamp with rosebuds around the shade...and a scrubby wooden divided box that could hang on a wall to house a collection, hold cutlery or organize your Bits...

We braved a bit of snow this weekend on our "Expedition" (where has Spring gone) as well as the worst breakfast potatoes EVER in a country diner, which shall emain nameless as they could be related to our new best source for farmhouse Bits.

16 comments:

  1. Hi - I like the scrubby iron hooks! Scrubby is a great word to describe them! Also the Russian dolls - I still have my childhood one, I always loved putting all the 'babies' inside. L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chania,
    Wonderful vignette you have put together. I am really liking the green-red combo myself lately. It's so fresh and fun!

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chania I LOVE IT ALL....ESPECIALLY the red tool box.... :o) !!!

    I'm with Kelly, the red & green colour combo is DELISH....Paired with a neutral backdrop it's a winner every time....!!

    Sending your mum & furry friend a warm Aussie hug....!!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I love you- your blog is great- and i love what you say about having a shop allows us to be hoardrs without the stigma- Yes i agree- instead of storing all of my lovlies in my home-garage-bedroom- i now bring into shoppe.. Love your stuff- love the tool box- i have one i painted pink for me-but then realized i cant keep everything- But if it doesnt sell-It is mine..
    Love the blog-just became a follower-cant wait to see more
    Karryann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting here chuckling because never in a 1000 years did I think I would purchase a rusty old toolbox but I did that very thing this weekend so I'm lovin the red one.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO CHANIA THANK YOU FOR FALOWING MY BLOG YOUR BLOG IS ALSO BEAUTIFUL..BLESSINGS ...SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chania, i love the old hooks and the night stand with the scalloped edging,oh and the bowl too you must have such fun on the search for new and interesting treasures.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the coat hooks and the door, what a gorgeous colour Chania:) Lucky you to have such a wonderful excuse in your gorgeous store to stock up on such lovely treasures. Wishing you a wonderful week as always ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chania, welcome aboard our little journey. I am loving your blog. I look forward to coming back with a cuppa for a good read. I love the green and red colours in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting collection of bits :-) The door is great, and I love the driftwood garland hangig on it :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see your new things Chania. I'm Ms Chippy so the door and hinges, all of it really, really are a joy to see. Thanks for stopping by. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi chania! great finds and red just compliments the vintage look. love your rustic table. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chania! Again, you have found some wonderful things - all things I'd love to have! The green is a wonderful color, I'm trying to incorporate it a little more into my home. Wish I could shop there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the scrubby wooden box. Adorable. I love it when you post these pictures, but hate it at the same time. I want soooo many things. I Love the green door too. I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the coolest colors of hotelware up there in the north!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the photography and how you stage everything. Very inspiring!! Susan :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read each and every comment and are thrilled that you take the time to send one. Thank you so much. Chania